Whatsapp/Viber +977 9851041736
DB Nepal

Everest Base Camp Trek Permit

17 Oct 2022 Kapil Prasad Acharya

Everest Base Camp Trek Local Permit
Everest Base Camp Trek Permit

A new permit system has been implemented in the Everest Region as a result of decentralization. A Trekker’s Information Management System (TIMS) Card is no longer necessary. This new local access permit has superseded the previous trek permit in Khumbu, which was the subject of much debate and controversy. You may find more information regarding the Everest Base Camp Trek Permit in this post.

Khumbu Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality Entrance Permit

This new permission, which took effect on October 1st, 2018, replaced an earlier TIMS Card. Each foreign visitor is directly charged NPR 2000 by the local authority of Khumbu. Please be aware that Kathmandu is not the place to obtain these licenses. You can first get this in Lukla if you are flying via that city. You can get this at Monjo if you’re walking from Jiri or Salleri.

Note: Additional permit is required if you trek from Jiri, more information below.

Sagarmatha National Park Entry Permit

This is an existing permit system for entering national parks. You can get this either in Monjo at the Park Entrance Gate or in Kathmandu at the Nepal Tourism Board Office. The price per person is NPR 3000. The easiest approach is to purchase this at Monjo. There is a building in Monjo where many facts about the Khumbu Region are also displayed.

Additional Permit for Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trek

You will require a separate permit for the Gaurishankar Conservation Area if you plan to hike the traditional Jiri to Everest Base Camp route. This license must be obtained from the Nepal Tourism Board in Kathmandu. The price per person is NPR 3000.

You don’t need permits for Everest Helicopter tour.

Required documents for trekking permits

For the Khumbu Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality and the Sagarmatha National Park Entrance Permit, all you need is your passport information. For the Gaurishankar Conservation Area Project Entry Permit, two photos are required, and a brief form must be completed as well. Only local currency may be used to pay for all of these costs.

Note: For the organized trek, your agency will obtain all the permits.

Share this