Nepal is a trekkers’ paradise, with its beautiful landscapes and rich culture. But when is the best time to visit for trekking? In this guide, we’ll explore the different seasons in Nepal and help you plan your trekking trip.
- The best time to travel to Nepal for trekking is between October and December. During this time, the skies are clear, and the views are spectacular.
- If you’re looking for quieter trails, January and February are good options. Although it can be very cold at night, you’ll be rewarded with clear skies and incredible panoramas.
- High-altitude trekking is not recommended during January and February due to extreme cold.
- Late spring in May is also a beautiful time to travel, with rhododendrons in bloom. However, heat and humidity levels can be high.
- June to August is monsoon season, and trekking is not recommended as heavy rain and landslides make travel difficult.
- Festivals and pilgrimages take place in Nepal all year round due to its cultural diversity. Check the dates of festivals before planning your trek.