- Jungle Safari in the Chitwan National Park
- Witness the endangered one-horned rhinoceros, Bengal tigers, and Asian elephants in their natural habitat
- Learn about the unique lifestyle and traditions of the Tharu community through a cultural program
- Comfortable accommodation with modern amenities
- Experienced local guides for a safe and enjoyable jungle safari
Jungle Safari in Chitwan – Explore the Wild Side of Nepal Overview
Day to Day Itinerary
- Day 1: Arrival in Chitwan, Check-in at the hotel, and rest for some time.
- Day 2: Explore Chitwan National Park with a guided Jungle Safari. Witness exotic wildlife like one-horned rhinoceros, Bengal tigers, and Asian elephants in their natural habitat.
- Day 3: Experience the Tharu cultural program in the evening and learn about the indigenous Tharu community's lifestyle and traditions.
- Day 4: Departure from Chitwan with unforgettable memories of the Jungle Safari.
What is Chitwan Jungle Safari?
Chitwan Jungle Safari is an adventure activity that takes place in the Chitwan National Park, Nepal. It involves exploring the jungle on foot or by vehicle, spotting various wildlife species, and experiencing the natural beauty of the park.
The Chitwan National Park is home to a diverse range of wildlife, including Bengal tigers, Asian elephants, one-horned rhinoceros, sloth bears, leopards, and various species of deer, monkeys, and birds.
What is the best time to go for a Chitwan Jungle Safari?
The best time to visit Chitwan National Park for a jungle safari is during the winter months from November to February. During this time, the weather is dry and cool, and the chances of spotting wildlife are higher.
How long does a Chitwan Jungle Safari last?
The duration of a Chitwan Jungle Safari can vary depending on the package chosen by the visitor. It can range from a few hours to a full day, or even multiple days for those who want a more immersive experience.
Is it safe to do a Chitwan Jungle Safari?
Yes, it is safe to do a Chitwan Jungle Safari as long as you follow the rules and regulations set by the authorities. It is important to stay with the guide at all times and not disturb the wildlife.
What should I wear during a Chitwan Jungle Safari?
It is recommended to wear comfortable and lightweight clothing that covers your arms and legs to protect you from insect bites and scratches from bushes. Wearing earthy colors that blend with the surroundings is also a good idea.
Can children participate in a Chitwan Jungle Safari?
Yes, children can participate in a Chitwan Jungle Safari, but they should be accompanied by adults and follow the instructions of the guide. It is not recommended for infants and very young children.
What kind of accommodation is available in Chitwan National Park?
Chitwan National Park offers a range of accommodation options, from budget-friendly lodges to luxury resorts. Visitors can choose according to their budget and preference.
What other activities can be done in Chitwan National Park? Apart from the Jungle Safari, visitors can also go for a canoe ride, bird watching, nature walks, elephant bathing, and cultural tours to nearby villages.
Do I need any vaccinations before visiting Chitwan National Park?
It is recommended to get vaccinated for typhoid, hepatitis A and B, and tetanus before visiting Nepal. However, it is best to consult with a doctor or a travel clinic for specific advice.