- Pleasurable walk in the hills with fresh air
- Short drive to and from Nayapul through the hills along with amazing scenes
- A spare day in the city of lake, Pokhara to explore
- An amazing experience in Annapurna base camp
- The magnificent view of the Annapurna Massifs and surrounding ranges
- Variety of unique and rare flora and fauna
- Relaxing and reviving hot spring bath
- Explore the unique culture of Gurung and know about their daily lifestyle
- Stunning views of mountains, lush green forests, rivers, streams, cascades, settlements, and many more.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek Overview
Annapurna base camp trek is one of the most popular and preferred treks in the Annapurna region. This seven-day trek to ABC will include you in a part of an amazing blend of majestic mountain views, diverse culture, and nature along with the most popular and beautiful villages like Ghandruk, Chhomrong, Jinu, Deurali, and many more. This seven-day Annapurna base camp trek will offer you a pristine view of massifs within a week.
Annapurna base camp 7 days trek is specially designed for those travelers who have limited time but also who are keen to trek Annapurna and explore its beautiful surroundings along with the cultural and natural variations of this region. You can easily complete this trek within a week as the trekking trails are easy even for beginners and also offers a stunning view of high mountains and their surrounding landscape.
The trek is amazing in itself and also has an inspiring route to the majestic mountain views of the Annapurna Mountains. However, this 7-day Annapurna trek takes you through the lovely villages of the Gurung and Magar people, through the terrace meadows, and through lush green forest of rhododendron. The mountains witnessed from the trail are Annapurna South, Annapurna I, Annapurna II, Annapurna III, Gangapurna, Machhapuchhre, Nilgiri, Himachali, and many more.
During our 7-day ABC trek, you will also have the opportunity to interact with the local people of the region and learn about their culture, daily lifestyle, traditions, festivals, and more. In addition, Annapurna base camp trekking is technically measured as a moderate trekking route within the Annapurna region which allows you to enjoy the enchanting culture and nature throughout the trek.
Annapurna base camp Trip Facts
- Trekking destination: Annapurna region, Nepal
- Trip starting point: Pokhara
- Trip ending point: Pokhara
- Trek starting point: Ghandruk
- Trek ending point: Siwai
- Total trekking time per day: 2 to 8 hours (as per itinerary)
- Maximum altitude: 4,130 meters (Annapurna base camp)
- Trip grade: Moderate to challenging
- Group size: Minimum of 2 persons in a group
- Mountains viewed: Machhapuchhre (Fishtail), Annapurna South, Annapurna III, Himchuli, Gandharva Chuli, Gangapurna, and many more
The best seasons for this Annapurna base camp 7 days trek are spring and autumn. The spring seasons are from March to May and the Autumn season is from September to November. These months are considered the best months for trekking because of stable weather and moderate temperature. During these seasons, the trails are dry and the sky is clear which will help you in trekking and will also offer stunning views. Likewise, during spring wide range of flora makes the trekking path more beautiful and you will also get a stunning view of blooming flowers in the mountains while in Autumn you get the opportunity to experience the culture and festival of Nepal trekking.
Day 1:Drive from Pokhara to Nayapul (1 hrs drive), trek to Ghandruk
Day 2:Trek from Ghandruk to Chhomrong to Sinuwa
Day 3:Trek from Sinuwa to Deurali
Day 4:Trek from Deurali to Annapurna base camp
Day 5:Trek back from ABC to Bamboo
Day 6:Trek from Bamboo to Kumi
Day 7:Trek to Siwai, drive back to Pokhara from Siwai
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1: Drive from Pokhara to Nayapul (1 hrs drive), trek to Ghandruk
Today is the first day of trekking. After breakfast, you will start your journey towards Nayapul which will take around 1 hour to reach. After around one hour of the scenic drive, you will reach Nayapul and from there you will start your trek to Ghandruk (Gurung village) through beautiful local settlements and terraced fields. During your trek, you will get a chance to witness the stunning view of mountains like Annapurna South, Himchuli, Machhapuchhre, Annapurna III, and many more if the weather is clear. It takes around 3 to 4 hours in total to reach Ghandruk. Upon reaching the destination, you can explore the village, and Gurung museum, and interact with the locals as well. Stay overnight at the lodge.
Day 2: Trek from Ghandruk to Chhomrong to Sinuwa
Today you will be trekking toward Sinuwa through Chhomrong village. Your trek will start after completing all the morning routines and breakfast. You willl have an interesting 7-hour trek from Ghandruk to Sinuwa from Chomrong. A trail is straight up, you have to keep your speed as slow as possible. Initially, you will hike to Komrong Danda and then descend to Komrong River enjoying the view of the environment and slowly you will start to hike toward Chhomrong (the largest and most beautiful village in the area). From Chomrong, you will descend towards the river and after a few hours of walk you will ascend uphills to Sinuwa. During the trek, you will get the chance to witness the stunning view of mountains passing through the lush green forest of rhododendron. if the weather is clear then you will also witness Annapurna South and Machhapuchhre. Upon reaching Sinuwa, stay overnight at the lodges or teahouses.
Day 3: Trek from Sinuwa to Deurali
After completing all the morning routines and breakfast, you will start your trek toward Deurali. If the weather is clear in the morning, you might get lucky to observe the stunning view of mountains and the dew-formed in environment. Today, you will be walking for around 6 to 7 hours to reach the destination. You will be walking through beautiful lush green forests and villages like Bamboo, Dovan, and Himalaya to reach Deurali. During your trek, the trail offers the uphills, forest walks, waterfall, rivers, beautiful villages, stunning views of Machhapuchhre, and many more. Upon reaching today's destination, you stay overnight at teahouses or lodges and rest for the day.
Day 4: Trek from Deurali to Annapurna base camp
Today is the main day of this whole trek as you will reach Annapurna base camp after around 5 to 6 hours of walking. After completing all the morning routines and breakfast, you will start your trek. You will trek through the beautiful alpine forest along with the stunning view of mountain peaks. At first, you will reach Machhapuchhre base camp from where you will get an opportunity to witness the magnificent view of Machhapuchhre, Annapurna South, Annapurna III, Himchuli, and many more. Apart from that, you will also observe the variety of flora and fauna. After reaching Deurali, you will stay over at lodges and rest for the day.
Day 5: Trek back from ABC to Bamboo
Today you will wake early in the morning to enjoy the magnificent view of sunrise and mountains like Annapurna I, Annapurna South, Barahi Shikhar, Himchuli, and Gandharvachu. After enjoying the stunning view you will return back to your lodge and have breakfast and start your trek back to Bamboo following the same trial as you came the previous day. After around 6 to 7 hours of walking and enjoying the scenario during the trek, you will reach your destination and stay overnight there.
Day 6: Trek from Bamboo to Kyumi
Today, you will go from Bamboo to Kyumi through the villages like Sinuwa, Chhomrong, and Jinu. In Jinu, you can enjoy the natural hot spring bath after that you can start trekking to Sinuwa by climbing steps through the forest and from Sinuwa you will descend to Chhorong river and cross through the suspension bridge again start to ascend the hills to Chomrong village. From there you will walk downhill for around 1 to 2 hours to reach the destination of the day, Kyumi, and stay overnight there.
Day 7: Trek to Siwai, drive back to Pokhara from Siwai
From Kyumi, you will trek back to Siwai which will take around 1 to 2 hours. From there you will drive back to Pokhara in a private vehicle enjoying the scenery during the drive. Upon reaching Pokhara, you will stay in a hotel. In your spare time, you can either roam around the city or rest for the day.
- Airport- Hotel- Airport pick up and drop off services in a private vehicle
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner during the trek)
- Company's experienced, skilled guide with fluent English and license holder
- All the salary, food, accommodation, drinks, and transport of the guide and porters
- All the important and necessary papers like permits for the Annapurna conservation area and TIMS (Trekking Information Management System) card
- Porters for carrying baggage during the trek
- Accommodation in lodges or teahouses during the trek
- Drive via in private vehicle (Pokhara- Nayapul- Pokhara)
- All the government and local taxes
- Basic and essential first aid for kits
- Farewell dinner at the end of the trek
What's not included?
- Nepal Entry visa fee
- Extra food and accommodation apart from the ones mentioned in an itinerary
- Any kind of hard or soft drinks during the trek
- Personal expenses like food, drinks, shopping etc
- Tips and gratitude to the guide, porter, and driver
- Travel or personal health insurance
- Any kind of expenses which are not in cluded in cost include sections
Food during Annapurna base camp trek
It is obvious that trekking to the world's 9th highest mountain is an amazing experience of life. However, the food on this trek is convenient and the menu of the tea houses has a wide selection of food items originated and prepared by the local community of Annapurna region. You can choose food as per your desire.
Accommodation during Annapurna base camp trek
Accommodation in the Himalayas is normally tea houses or lodges which has twin sharing wooden bed, blankets, mattresses, pillow, and an attached bathroom(not available in every teahouse or lodge). A single room is also available which is normally provided to solo female travelers. You will get a stunning view of mountains from the room of the teahouses or lodges.
Packing lists for the Annapurna base camp trek
Some of the essential trekking gears that are required for this Annapurna base camp trek are mentioned below. These gears are easily available for buying and in rent.
- Thermal tops (few pairs)
- Fleece jacket
- Waterproof windcheater (one pair)
- Down Jacket
- Comfortable fleece or wool trousers
- Trekking pants (at least 2 pairs)
- Warm woolen gloves
- Warm socks (a few pairs)
- A pair of slippers
- Innerwear (few pairs)
- Swimming costume (not compulsory)
- Hiking trousers and T-shirts(a few pairs)
- Sun hat and scarf
- Pair of shoes and some extra laces
- Personal toiletries like shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc
Travel Insurance is required for trekkers in any kind of trek or tour program in the mountains. Getting travel insurance, especially while you are doing the trek in the mountains, is like security on which you can rely and enjoy the whole trek without any stress. We recommend getting good compressive travel insurance that covers things like helicopter rescue and medical evacuation expenses in case of emergency. Having travel insurance not only guarantees a peaceful mind when you travel but also gives full coverage for anything that could go wrong during the trek.